Medicaid affects all of us: children and adults with disabilities, as we are age, as our family ages, and when the unexpected happens. UCP's annual report, The Case for Inclusion, ranks all 50 states and the District of Columbia (DC) on outcomes for Americans with intellectual and developmental disabilities (ID/DD).
This year's report shows that:
- All states have room for some improvement, but some have consistently remained at the bottom of the rankings;
- Despite economic strains, many states have made real improvements in the quality of services being provided;
- There is still work to be done in ensuring that people with ID/DD can enjoy the same freedoms and quality of life as all Americans.
Other highlights include:
This interactive website enables users to::
- Compare state & national data
- View state scorecards to determine individual state performance
- Interact with the ranking map
- See highlights of 2013 report
- Advocate for areas needing improvement & promote key achievements
- Learn more about states at the forefront of managed care and employment issues
- Download full 2013 report and previous reports